Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Burgess Order is In

The rest of our trees came in last week. Alex was able to plant them on Sunday. So for now, our fruit/nut orchard is complete. We do still have room for more, if we want to add to it later. He also tilled up the garden I'm working on in the driveway circle.

We've been working on getting our island ready for the kitchen. We bought a small cabinet we found on sale at the end of summer, and its been in the garage. We bought a nice piece of wood to use for the counter top and Alex stained it this weekend as well. (Alex did all the work on the farm this weekend because I had to work.) All that is left is attaching the counter top and painting it once we get it in the house.

I did some gardening on Friday and Monday. Today its a little wet and rainy. I dug up the weeds in the garden and planted my daylillies. I can't wait til they pop up. All my lillies from last year popped up and have already multiplied! I need to get some bushes for the driveway circle garden.
We also finally updated our mailbox, so I will have to do some landscaping up there to make it extra pretty.

Just enjoying a quiet, rainy day today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment